Chocolate is a staple for partners. For the last two years in January, the Partners Club has indulged in the decadent chocolate feast at the Chocolate Bar in the Café Fleuri Restaurant at the Langham Hotel. This all-you-can-enjoy buffet takes place every Saturday afternoon and features an array of scrumptious chocolate desserts, including the legendary Langham chocolate croissant bread pudding, truffles, cotton candy, whoopie pies, and more. It is a favorite annual event for partners, students and children, alike.
The guilty pleasures continue at Beacon Hill Chocolates featuring artisan chocolates from New England and around the world. The shop is filled with an array of handmade keepsake boxes made from rare lithographs, old postcards, photographs and illustrations. Selecting the candy box is more fun than selecting the chocolates. One keepsake box even features a Harvard design.
Beyond chocolate, Boston has a variety of romantic, fun and adventurous offerings this Valentine’s Day and every day. Take advantage of all Boston has to offer and score with your sweetie on the day made for lovers.
1. Dine on nothing but chocolate every Saturday at the Chocolate Bar replica breitling bentley 6.75 at the Langham Hotel (boston.langhamhotels.com).
2. The Boston Trolley Chocolate Tour will take you on a culinary tour through the best dessert in Boston (trolleytours.com).
3. Indulge in Beacon Hill Chocolates, artisan chocolates from New England and around the world (beaconhillchocolates.com).
4. Take a 1.5-hour sleigh ride replica breitling Aeromarine through snow-covered woods in New Hampshire and end it with hot cocoa around a campfire (discounted deal from travelzoo.com).
5. Sip champagne and enjoy nightly jazz at the Top of the Hub, soaring 52 floors above Back Bay (topofthehub.net).
6. Bigger is better. See the special showing of Inception: the IMAX experience at the Simons IMAX theatre at the New England Aquarium (neaq.org).
7. Dine at the same table where JFK proposed to Jackie Kennedy at the Parker Restaurant in the Omni Parker House Hotel, home of the first Boston Cream Pie (omnihotels.com).
8. Shop for sexy lingerie www.replicaforbest.co.uk at Forty Winks in Harvard Square (shopfortywinks.com).
9. Fondue it. Rated Top 10 Romantic Restaurants on OpenTable.com, The Wine Cellar Restaurant specializes in European cuisine with over thirty fondues ranging from cheese, oil, broth, cour bouillon, and chocolate (bostoncellar.com).
10. Be a kid again and go snow tubing at Ski Ward in Shrewsbury, MA (skiward.com).
11. Sushi is sexy. Located in a 100-year-old fire station, O Ya offers an intimate 17-seat chef’s counter, where guests can watch the chefs preparing the dishes (oyarestaurantboston.com).
12. Enjoy a mid-day rendezvous at Le Parker Meridien, offering a Park View room from 11am to 3pm on or around Valentine’s Day. Whipped cream and adult movie can be added for extra (discounted deal from urbandaddy.com).
13. Boys will be boys. Marvel at Hasty Pudding Theatricals, Harvard’s oldest collegiate theatrical troupe in the country, annually performing a hilarious student-written drag burlesque musical (hastypudding.org).
14. Go ice skating on Frog Pond at Boston Common (bostonfrogpond.com).
15. Learn how to pole dance in a 90 minute class from Gypsy Rose Exotic and Pole Dancing (gypsyrosedancing.com).
16. Set sail on Boston Harbor Cruises’ Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise including dinner, champagne toast and a live jazz ensemble (bostonharborcruises.com).
17. Overlook the city skyline from a rooftop hot tub at Clarendon Square, a boutique bed and breakfast in the South End (clarendonsquare.com).
18. Take advantage of your Harvard discount at BodyMechanics in Allston with a ‘Treatment for Two’: 30-minutes in a private hot tub suite and 60-minute full body massage (purchase Harvard discounted tickets at harvie.harvad.edu/perks).
19. Salsa in Central Square on Friday and Saturday nights at Havana Club. Beginner & Intermediate Salsa lessons 9-10pm. Salsa Dance Party 10pm-2am (havanaclubsalsa.com).
20. Check out one or all of the Oscar nominees for Best Picture at the AMC Loews Boston Common 19 including Black Swan, The Kings Speech, The Fighter, 127 Hours, and True Grit (amctheatres.com).
21. Shred gnar pow. Purchase a Harvard discounted lift ticket and ski or ride together at Killington, Sugar Loaf, Pico, or Wachusett Mountain (purchase Harvard discounted tickets at harvie.harvad.edu/perks).
22. Adopt a pet – the only way to find true love (petfinder.com).
23. Chim chiminey along to Disney’s Mary Poppins on Broadway showing February 17 through March 20 at the Boston Opera House (ticketmaster.com).
24. Taste the food and wine pairings at the 22nd Annual Boston Wine Festival hosted by the Boston Harbor Hotel (bostonwinefestival.net).
25. Plan a weekend get-away… to Montreal. Explore the romance of this French-speaking city including the Basilique Notre-Dame (Basilica Notre-Dame), Mont Royal (Mount Royal), and Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal) (tripadvisor.com).