The Harbus Foundation is the nation’s only student-run foundation created by The Harbus News Corporation that provides grants and consulting services to organizations across the Boston metropolitan area, effecting social change in the areas of education, literacy and journalism
Last Tuesday, The Harbus Foundation held its 13th annual grant presentation ceremony that presented checks of $10,000 to 8 local non-profit institutions. The institutions were selected after a careful study and numerous site visits on the criteria of potential, impact and leadership while staying within the areas of education, literacy and journalism.
The list of 2009-10 grantees were the following:
– Grant Making: Adoption and Foster Care Mentoring (AFC)
– Grant Making: Boston Renaissance Charter Public School
– Grant Making: Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
– Venture Philanthropy: Boston Learning Center
– Venture Philanthropy: New England Center for Investigative Reporting
– Venture Philanthropy: Public Learning Media Labs ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
– Venture Philanthropy: Strong Women, Strong Girls
– Venture Philanthropy: The Welcome Project
The ceremony closed with Joanne Knight (OB, Publisher 2009-10, The Harbus News Corporation) presenting a donation check of $20,010 to The Harbus Foundation.