1. If you’re planning on having time to do all those things that you haven’t gotten around to while working around the clock.toss out the list because HBS is all-consuming. You will have a lot of work and a lot of fun. Regardless, the HBS experience will fill your plate.
2. Some HBS dorm rooms are roughly 8 x 10 feet.ÿ People liken the experience to living in a closet (you can stretch out your arms to full wingspan and touch both walls at once). The silver lining to living in a dorm is being able toÿ”commute” to class throughÿunderground, insulated tunnels while a blizzard wrecks havoc outside. Weigh both sides of this equation very carefully.
3. If you come to HBS in a long-distance relationship: good luck, put effort into it, and try to make it work.ÿ But don’t neglect getting to know your section.ÿ When your relationship inevitably ends around the winter holidays, it’s your section mates that will pick you up, dust you off, and buy you drinks until you heal. Some section affection may be just what you need to recover!
4. Like a company formulating effective strategy, HBSers find they must make conscious decisions not to pursue every activity here. Focus on a few critical, core activities and throw F.O.M.O. (Fear of Missing Out) to the breeze. Depth in a few may work better than shallow involvement in a broad array of activities.
5. You really shouldn’t have thrown away the crazy costumes you collected during your undergraduate years; theme-parties are alive and well at HBS.
6. Section I is the best section at HBS. Unless you ask the misguided souls in sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, or J. Before your first week is out, you, too, will be inexplicably gung-ho crazy about your new family of 90, that was a group of 90 strangers just days before!
7. .The learning curve at HBS is spectacularly steep. You will enter case preparation like a wobbly toddler – grasping for straws to prop you up. By EC (second) year, you will be amazed by the fluidity and ease with which you approach uncertainty.
8.Do not underestimate how much getting organized will improve your life. Resist the urge to pile cases on every surface of your apartment! ÿIf you take just 10 minutes each day to get organized for tomorrow, you will be dramatically happier for the remaining 23 hours and 50 minutes. Buy binders.
9. Every person here needs a stress release activity. If you don’t already have one, find one early on in your time here or risk your sanity. This school strives to transform you into the best leader you can be – no pain, no gain, right? Thus, there exists an undercurrent of intense pressure. You may feel slightly overwhelmed at all times.
10. HBS brings together your favorite things about all levels of schooling and makes them better:
College: Weekend Parties; HBS: Monday – Sunday Parties.
High School: House parties when your parents are gone; HBS: House parties when your neighbors are gone.
Middle School: Making fun of people www.replicaforbest.co.uk
; HBS: Skydeck.
Elementary School: Name tags and assigned seats; HBS: Name tags and assigned seats.
Kindergarten: Show and tell; HBS: Bring your parents or friends to class.
Pre-School: Nap time; HBS: Class.
11. HBS will challenge you to give 100% of yourself every moment of every day. It’s not sustainable, but it’s not supposed to be replica breitling Aeromarine . Two years is an incredibly finite amount of time – approach it as a chance to live more fully than you will at any other time in your life.
12. This may be one of the most diverse places on earth replica breitling bentley 6.75. You get to be part of a mini United Nations. Learn from your extraordinary peers, but be happy with who you are and don’t forget to share a piece of yourself with them. Being surrounded by such accomplished people makes it easy to despair and feel inadequate. Remember you were handpicked to come here for a reason. Losing the things that got you here wouldn’t take you far.