Harbus Humor Editor and Steward of the Collective Lust
By now, it should be apparent that the world of HBS has shifted. For RC’s, the world where fully 30% of the class flees Boston every Friday on a mass exodus to New York to appease distant lovers is ending, and being replaced by a world where raging hormones can at last be indulged. For while Black Monday left mayhem, destruction, and a sense of loss back home, it brings new found energy into the “quest to upgrade” that is the HBS experience. Not that I am in favor of it, mind you, but things are what they are. And so to help you all better cope with the new-found freedoms that the post-Black Monday world brings, I offer you part 2 of the “Do’s and Don’ts of Black Monday.” For those who missed part 1, it was published last year.
Top Ten Do’s and Don’ts of the Post-Black Monday HBS World (for the lovely ladies out there):
10. Do: start you comments in class with “Now that I’m single, I can see that…”
9. Don’t: call a man “cute.” Ever.
8. Do: continue to make Bambi eyes at your marketing professor. While he may not notice, the whole left-field does – and we love it.
7. Don’t: use the familiar let downs (“Sorry, I have to wash my hair;” “Actually, I’m doing laundry;” “I already made plans to watch ‘Beaches’.”)
6. Do: use creative let downs (“I’m waiting on my lab results”; “My chaperone is not free that night;” “I have my mud-wrestling class that day.”)
5. Don’t: give us a fake phone number when we ask. While this may work elsewhere, I’m not falling for that one again.
4. Do: date within section. I mean really, it’s inevitable, so grab that first-mover advantage. Plus, Harbus humorists need more fuel, now that satire of the administration is out.
3. Do: practice your “come hither” look. In Spangler. On me. Often.
2. Don’t: try to have notes passed to us during Gym class. We prefer FRC.
1. Do: ask a man out on a date. What? You and me? Sorry, I have my mud-wrestling class that day.
And with that, let the hunting begin.