1) FORM TEAM: Gather diverse community perspectives by assembling: a giant, goofy genius; a politically-charged New York satirist; a red-headed drama freak; an overly-sensitive meathead; and two extraordinarily good-looking and popular ski bums.
2) WRITE TREATMENT: Spend dozens of useless but amusing hours in SFP 1-413. Eat all of Dan Allen’s cookie dough and wash down with toxic smoothies. Become mired in fart jokes and bathroom humor, and listen-finally-to what the red-headed freak has been saying all along. At rock bottom, two weeks before the deadline, give up and go watch The Ladies Man. Incorporate new-found inspiration into treatment.
3) GET CHOSEN BY HBS SHOW BOARD: ???? We’re still trying to figure this one out also.
4) GO TO CALIFORNIA: Rent secluded beach house for a week. Watch lots of . . . documentaries. Write endless scenes that contain 1 “joke” each. Wonder how 6th member of team is enjoying the Nepali Himalayas. Notice that the room no longer smells so fresh. Return with script in hand.
5) EDIT FOREVER: Rewrite entire show based on recently discovered information about what is required in a show script. Debate “what’s funny” for five hours a day
6) HELP OTHERS DO STUFF: Watch in amazement as more than 100 incredibly talented directors, producers, actors, singers, dancers, band-members, and crew make magic happen in the blink of an eye. Help out with casting, rehearsals, songs, videos, marketing, program bios. Try not to get in people’s way too much.
7) OPTIONAL: Wait until five hours past the Harbus submission deadline. Write promotional article at 3:00 AM.
8) CELEBRATE AND GET MUCH BOOTY: Enough said.